|Red Car Means Todd is Home|
|Stomping Out Gophers|
|The Call of Poop Duty|
|Rain on the Pond|
Today, I am expressing seven reasons I am grateful that relate to home. Or, more to the point, that relate to Todd being home. He works in Moses Lake, Washington and leaves early Friday morning (like at 3 a.m.) and returns Monday evening in time for a late dinner (usually by 8 p.m.).
Why I am grateful to have my husband home:
- He stomps out the gopher piles.
- Modeling what it is to not be body-obsessed (worrying over how one looks), he chops and hauls firewood shirtless. That's my man!
- He picks up scattered logs of German Short-haired Pointer poop.
- Without effort, he can fire up the Blue Goose, roaring the engine to life which makes me feel like I want to go 4-wheeling. The dogs get excited over this one, too.
- He likes my cooking and says so (although not so much my timing).
- As much as I enjoy Elmira Pond, with its rain splattered surface today, his willingness to commute to Moses Lake pays the rent on this place.
- He believes in my writing and encourages me to complete my dream to write and publish novels.
An what are you grateful for today?