Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Rock Monkey

How many disappointments, how much rejection can one take? I do not like August. Too much to do, not enough inspiration, prayer-time, just watching birds soulfully. Wasps buzz the apple tree, the sun pulverizes soil into powder. Will it ever rain again? I'm out of whack.

Spiritual adjustment comes at a place I simply call, "My Peace." Water gurgles, reminding me: As you come to him a living stone rejected by men but in the sight of God chosen and precious (1 Peter 2:4). So I sit on worn granite along the Pack River, surrounded by rocks, breathing waters and stones.

It all washes away. Tomorrow morning is a new day. The dawn renews hope; God renews dreams. As if to tell me to lighten up, I see a smiling rock as I clamber out of the basin to go home. How I love miracles--who else but God would put "rock monkey" in my path!

Rock Monkey...Cousin to Sock Monkey

No comments:

Post a Comment